Re: [Harp-L] John Sebastian, Jr.

I saw John Jr. open for someone years ago, so long I can't even remember the main act, but he did mostly guitar/singing as a solo act, but he ended with Night Owl Blues and I still remember how that made me feel. I was fairly new to harp, and this was a sound I could not even come close to making. The crowd loved it, gave him a standing O.  That blues song remains one of my favorites and I still play it often while I'm here on the computer.
Also, I was asked a couple years ago to play 3-4 songs on harp with a local group. I came to discover they wanted harp because they wanted to do Roadhouse. It took me way too long to get it down, and I haven't done it since, but I loved the harp feel in that song, too
 John Sebastian is very good and I also have the instruction set that he and Butterfield made. He says there that he played Roadhouse through a "small Fender amp" if I remember correctly.
Steve Webb in frigid, stormy Minnesota (where we head to the studio Thursday night to start a CD of original material and I'm excited.)_