Re: [Harp-L] choose new harp

I always suggest Hohner Special 20s to people who are starting out.  They are a very nice harmonica for anyone no matter level they are at but good for new players I think, because the reed plates are recessed into the comb which can make them a little more comfortable to play to start with.

www.harponline.de in Germany provide a fantastic service, they can also sell you replacement reed plates (replacement anything actually) for the Special 20 which can save you some money.  Harmonicas do wear out unfortunately which is one of those things you have to get used to, just like guitarists have to get used to replacing strings.

I hope that helps

Bill