Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic customizing

On Feb 18, 2008, at 8:28 PM, David Payne wrote:

Trying to get an idea what other guys are doing. Specifically, I'm wondering about the slide. Machining new parts aside, what do you guys do to make the slide a little more air tight?
The specific harp I'm working on right now is a Borrah Minnevitch slide harp Chrom from the 1920s, external slide spring (which I think looks really cool), etc. This harp has no windsavers. I'm wanting to keep it that way if possible, I'm embossing and arcing the reeds now to make it a little more tight. I'd like to make the slide a little tighter, if possible. If I can't get the slide any tighter, I'll probably half valve it.

Dave

Slide work is tricky. Especially on an older piece. You could 'Jewel' the slide.

smo-joe