[Harp-L] Chromatic customizing

Trying to get an idea what other guys are doing. Specifically, I'm wondering about the slide. Machining new parts aside, what do you guys do to make the slide a little more air tight?
The specific harp I'm working on right now is a Borrah Minnevitch slide harp Chrom from the 1920s, external slide spring (which I think looks really cool), etc. This harp has no windsavers. I'm wanting to keep it that way if possible, I'm embossing and arcing the reeds now to make it a little more tight. I'd like to make the slide a little tighter, if possible. If I can't get the slide any tighter, I'll probably half valve it.

Dave

Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com