Re: [Harp-L] Fame/the Biz (no harp content)

George,

   an excellent quote about the biz....pretty DARK but true,-)

Which reminds me of the one about the musician/songwriter who is totally
disgusted and disillusioned with the MUSIC BIZ...after years of record
company rejections and being passed over never given a break he decides to
send them a message of his disgust and hatred for their commercial
coldness...

He uses his last few thousand to rent a studio and record his dark feelings
He buys a few thousand Blank CD's and heads to the session...

In the studio at the mic he reads from his notes on the music stand in front
of him....."We'll I hope your ALL happy, you have ruined another great
talent and refused to even listen or open your small pea brains to the
beautiful sounds and songs I've spent a lifetime to create with my heart and
soul!!!! I hate you all and you truly disgust me,,,,I hope your all happy
and you won't have me to abuse anymore!!!!!" (He then pulls out a Magnum
Pistol puts it to his head and pulls the trigger and takes his life)

Behind the glass the engineer finishes fiddling with his faders and buttons
looks up and hits the 'talk back button' and sez :

"OK, I've got levels let's TAKE ONE!

Rob Paparozzi

On 2/11/08 9:18 PM, "George Brooks" <gbrooksvt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rob gives Chr..., I mean Mike very good advice, but cautions:
>
> However, please don't mistake that for a guarantee of success, many have
> made the trek to Nashville, NY and LA with high hopes and TONS of
> talent,
> only to have their egos crushed by the UGLY side of Music (usually
> known as
> THE BIZ!)
>
> Which reminds me of an apropos quote from the man who wrote about and
> later got stomped by the Hell's Angels, who wrote some amazing
> political reportage for Rolling Stone, who eventually took his own life
> and had his ashes shot from a cannon:
>
> "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,
> a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,
> and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
>
> - Hunter S. Thompson

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com