Re: [Harp-L] how do I become a real pro?

Wanting to become famous is the wrong thing to focus on.

It seems to be a disease that started in the 80's when everyone was getting
their 15 minutes.

Doing something "in order to become famous" diminishes what it is you  are
attempting (music, harmonica, painting, writing), as the goal is  recognition by
a public without depth (mainstream majority). You'll have to  pander to the
lowest common denominators rather than seek a highest personal  commitment to
your art.

Those in the past that we look towards, in the harmonica community, have
mostly been people with a fire inside them that needed to be expressed - without
concerns for becoming famous. Most, in their lifetime, found limited fame and
 fortune. A few were able to rise above keeping their personal integrity -
Muddy  Waters, BB King for example. However, I can't believe that Muddy or BB
sat  around in the formative years trying to figure out how to become
superstars.  They spent that time and energy on playing the voice within themselves at
every  opportunity they had.

The Iceman

In a message dated 2/6/2008 10:31:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,