[Harp-L] Re: Zoom H4 as audio interface

>> BTW, I did go to the Computer Music site and hoped to find the full
version of Samplitude 9. No such luck! Thanks tho!!

I have confirmed that Samplitude 9 SE (special edition, limited features in terms of number of tracks, etc., but still a lot of engineering power compared to Audacity) was included on the cover disk for Computer Music issue #119, November 2007.

Contact computermusic.co.uk for details on availability of this issue. If they've got it, should cost around US $20 for the issue plus s&h.

I repeat that any novice who wants to learn more about computer recording can make no better investment than a subscription to this magazine. For about US $200 per year, you get what amounts to a monthly master class in computer recording technique, laid out in plain language with lots of pictures to show you what's going on at every step of recording and mixing, plus a very functional software toolbox. I've tried them all, and from the point of view of practical, hands-on instruction and technique, none of the other mags out there comes close. Not by a mile and a half.

If you joined my "Jacked In" subscription list anytime after I started it in April 2002, compare the recordings I made through 2005 with the ones I've made since, and note the steady improvement in overall mix quality. The difference is what I learned from that subscription. As far as I'm concerned, Computer Music is the best value for money going where recording instruction is concerned.

Standard disclaimer: I have no financial interest whatsoever in this magazine, though I certainly hope they stay in business for a while.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter