Re: [Harp-L] MP3 recording of YouTube

Gidday,
I am most impressed with Adam Gussow's YouTube instructional episodes and would like to record them, so that I can throw them into Amazing Slow Downer as MP3's, and then excerpt the instrumental parts and learn them. I have tried using Audacity, a free audio capture program off the net, but to capture the YouTube clips I have to play them though my speakers, and use the onboard microphone in my laptop to capture and record the audio.

Gidday right back to ya.

As someone mentioned, you need to use "stereo mix" as an input. You can also change the sample format and sample rate to improve the sound quality.

I liked his instruction too. I used the free plug-in for firefox that lets you capture them as .flv files and save them to your hard drive. There are lots of .flv players, I use the free one at the bottom of this web page http://applian.com/flvplayer/?src=VideoDownloadPlay

Playing them for audacity from your hard drive eliminates any possible network dropouts.

I even made an html file and cut and pasted the (info) into it to make it easier to pick out which one (video) to play. Anyone that wants it can have a copy at http://members.cox.net/dmurray777/data/index.shtml just right click the AdamGussow.html link then save as to the directory on your computer where your .flv files are. The format is easy to see in a text editor so you can keep it up to date as you download more lessons. Assuming that there will be more.

Yes, I like his lessons.

Peace and music,
Dave
: