[Harp-L] good Chromatic choice

I want to buy a chromatic for my 2 sons for Christmas whether they want one or not. They both doodle a little with diatonics from time to time and guitar. They are both musically inclined. One plays sax and reads music and can improvise and one is a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University college of music and knows in depth music theory and had to write a musical piece for small symphony to graduate.  He also plays guitar, piano and trumpet.  (but is not a guitarist, pianist or master of trumpet) His thing is "music composition", but he likes harmonica.

 I want them to have good chromatics....not the thousand dollar custom jobs but very good "out of the box" chromatics.  What brand should I buy them and what key?      Ed Vedock, Johnstown, PA

 PS:My 'mind set' is Hohners, but what is out there that I should get for my boys. One is 25 and one is 29.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.