Re: [Harp-L] Changing the Way You Hold the Harp

I hold with the right and cup withthe left. I'm right-handed. Had no teacher to tell me different, and I'm happy with the way I do it. I do the same with the bullet.

Bullfrog

Rick In Davis wrote:
I’ve held the 10-hole harp the same way since I started playing more than 30 years ago, sandwiched between the thumb and forefinger of my left hand. My right hand cups behind the harp and mic. I’m thinking of changing the way I hold the harp because of an emerging nerve condition in my left thumb. (Getting old is a drag.)
Have any of you ever changed your basic grip on the harp after playing for several years? Have you changed your grip from one hand to the other? Do most right-handed players (like me) hold the harp with their left hand?
Any recommendations?
Thanks.
-Rick