FW: Re: [Harp-L] re: Blues in Nurnburg

Hi all,

> How about actually checking out the culture you'll be visiting.  How
about
> looking for German music, rather than some rehashed version of an
> American form.  See what German folk or other music is there.

i take the opportunity to answer, since i'm german (live in Munich, 100
miles south of Nuremberg).

Classical Music in Nuremberg in Feb 07:

5. Philharmonic Concert
Joseph Haydn - Symphony B-maj Nr. 102 Hob I:102
Haydn was Austrian, not German.

Frédéric Chopin -Concert for Piano and Orchestra Nr. 2 f-min op. 21
Chopin came from Poland

Franz Liszt - Les Préludes
well, a Hungarian...

Not a single one of them is german...and Bach is not found on the
schedules in Nuremberg.

Concerning german folk music: What you get here, is commercial bullsh**.
Sorry for the hard word, but that's it. It's pop-music played by people
in fantasy costumes pretended to be traditional costumes, and the music
has a kind of folkish touch, but that's all. When someone is looking for
real folk music, he has to know some people in a village in the
mountains, playing together at home, or something like that.
It's a much better idea to look for blues people and beeing amongst
friends then, liking the same stuff than they do, taking the blues as a
"common language".

That's the reality...not a romantic vision...

see ya,
Ralf