Re: [Harp-L] Re: Fugazzi , midsized amp

It was Kerouac (my literary hero) who inserted a roll of shelf paper into his typewriter and banged out "On the Road" in one long stream of consciousness benzedrine and booze filled shot. Then he just rolled the sucker up and started passing it around to publishers. I saw the original in a museum in San Francisco. They all laughed at him until one of them finally took the time and effort to finally read it (Penguin Book I believe) and then they inserted the paragraphs and a classic was born.

harp content: I don't think any of Kerouacs characters played harp but I believe at least one of Faulkner's did (Sound & the Fury?). Memory is getting dim, I need to re-read those books.

bonus content: They are now trying to recondition the famous "Further" bus that Ken Kesey's merry band drove in the famous book "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test". Actually it was Kerouac's buddy Neal Cassady (who was Dean Moriarity in On the Road) at the wheel.

obligatory IMO: I don't like long posts with no paragraphs too, but I make Sonny Jr an exception, I love reading his stuff. also that other dude, Hurricane Ramon I believe, who posts those amazing crazy stream of conscious posts, where's he been?

totally unrelated content: man that Paula Abdul's whack. We need to get her to start posting here.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA

Agreed, which is why I break it up myself to read more easily. But, I actually relate to the stream-of-consciousness writing style Sonny Jr. and others have, as it makes sense to me how the creative mind flows from generalities to ideas to details to questions to ideas and so forth and backwards again.

Don't ever change, Sonny... you could be another Faulkner! ;) Love reading your stuff... and Greg Heumann's, too, BTW. Just wish I knew deeper what the heck y'all are talking about, but I'm happy to be learning from the pros. The side journeys of life you also provide are often dessert for the mind, or at least, a pillow mint!

Harp amp content... I don't even own one anymore. sniff!

Thanks for sharing,
Bobbie