Re: [Harp-L] small amp, big venue?

Blake wrote:
> My only amp (which I love) is a '62 Princeton. I worry that it
> might not be enough amp for the gig.

In 1973, at the ripe age of 15, I saw the J. Geils Band at the
Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin, Texas.  I stood right up
against the stage at the feet of Magic Dick Salwitz, who played a JT-30
through a blackface Princeton Reverb, which was remic'd through the
house PA.  He had NO trouble being heard, and his sound (though my
recollection of it may be clouded by the years) was phenominal.  You
have the perfect amp!  Don't switch for a big gig.

-tim