[Harp-L] Steve Baker Specials

Hey Y'all,

I have a couple of questions about the Steve Baker Specials.  I bought one
in the key of A a couple of years ago.  Here's my problem with it.  The
first 4 hole are standard A and then the rest is A an octave higher which is
really high; too high for my taste. So what I want to know is this: If I get
a C or a B-flat, how will the octaves be?  Will it have the first 4 holes
standard and then the rest an octave higher or will the first 4 be an octave
lower leaving me with a standard harp on holes 5 through 12 (?); because
that would be a useful harp to have.

And speaking of high keyed harps what do you all do with harps d through
f-sharp?  I find them annoying to play; so much so that I have Low D, E and
F harps just so I can avoid them. They see to choke too easily and the reeds
get stuck a lot.  Is gapping them more open the answer?

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh