Re: [Harp-L] Steve Baker Specials

Hi Sam,

The SBS C harp starts with a Low C octave (an octave
lower than the standard C harps), so does the SBS D
(Low D).

I have the C, D, and A.

The F is suppose to be Low F.

Not sure if it comes in Bb... maybe it does now, but
here is the link for Coast-2-Coast that shows what
they have available:

http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/HH365SBS.html

The higher keyed harps seem to be used alot in
bluegrass/country... I know Charlie McCoy used them
alot.  Good for fast moving tunes, licks & riffs.

John Mayall's "Room to Move" uses an F# harp... it
wouldn't sound the same with a Low F#, would it ?

I like the availability of the lower tuned harps...
its nice to have the choices, depending on what you
want to play.

Ken H in OH