Re: Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

Hi Tim,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:50 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

....What would be really nice would be to have a snap-on and a guitar
bug that transmit on the same frequency, so you could have a single
receiver that would work with both the loZ and hiZ inputs.

Two separate transmitters on the same frequency would not work. You must mix the two audio signals before the transmitter input. OR..(more expensive) you could have separate mic and guitar bugs on different frequencies and two RF receivers.

I have a Sennheiser SK100 Belt transmitter, a tiny ME4 (electret condenser) lapel mic, and an EM100 receiver. The transmitter has a line input on the ring of a 1/8" stereo plug and a mic input on the tip.

I discovered that with some "creative" cable wiring that both inputs will work together. I put my guitar signal into the line input and the mic into the mic input. The audio signals are mixed and transmitted over the same RF link. Sennheiser also has a headset mic that you can use.
I balance the relative gains of the guitar and mic using the control on the guitar pre-amp. Then the overall gain can be controlled at the transmitter (hi/lo sw), on the receiver (gain pot) or on the amp. This allows me to play my guitar and sing or play Hands-Free-Chromatic harmonica while roaming the stage or the audience.

The mic response is flat and hi-fi over a large range so you must supply whatever distortion effects that you desire after the receiver in the base mixer or amp.

It works great for me. I can supply details of how to wire the tranmitter input cables.

Vern