[Harp-L] Positions are not exactly the same as modes (was: Modes, was 3rd Position Tunes)

I am reminded that there are blues players who use the chromatic and play in
third position through blues progressions. So the third is always minor, but
the tune is using all dominant chords--I usually think of blues progressions
as Mixolydian, so the IV would be correct, but the V would be a natural
minor scale over a dominant chord, so there's a couple of notes different--
Is this a good example of what the original post referred to?
Gary