Re: [Harp-L] semantic limbs

JRR:

I can only find one quibble with your very reasonable response. You quote my thoughts regarding there being no diatonic harmonica player that I am aware of who is capable of playing symphonic works on diatonic harmonica. You further quote my conclusion that I am not convinced the diatonic cannot be played chromatically. I think the problem here is that I don't find the playing of symphonic works convincingly to be the definition of chromatic playing. What about Howard Levy in the context of Trio Globo? Personally I find this to be an utterly convincing example of diatonic harmonica played in a chromatic context.

This is really an aside but here goes anyhow. Would you not agree that Dave Therault's diatonic harmonica playing on The Deb is totally and completely convincing? He's playing jazz and it just works. Granted it is just one song. respectfully, fjm