[Harp-L] Boutique amps

I think I have the only one with either the stupidity of cahonies to state
in my website, " This amp will NOT make up for lack of practice". Neither I nor
 Scooter will "sell" you an amp you don't need, I have an innate sense of
people,  being in the field of addiction for 30 years, I sense people, and when a
guy  that is obviously a beginner but thinks the right amp will make him
sound like  Walter, I honestly will point him/her in another direction. This harp
amp  boutique thing started with a company in Texas who hyped, Sold guys on
their amp  bringing them the sound, and not one person I know even still owns
one, and many  harp players got a bad taste in their in their mouths from not
getting what they  described they wanted. I have modded Blues Devilles, sure
they are ok for the  money, and you may get some that sound good, but what we do
is on another level.  And being able to afford one, well that strikes a bit of
a nerve. It's all in  how much you want things in life and how hard you are
willing to work to get it.  I know Scott has been working his tail off to pull
this off, and personally, I  had 3 jobs, one full time, the amps, and cleaning
the crap of the toilets and  showers of Golds Gym for 12 years to be able to
afford all my toys, projects,  and fund my business. All this with half my
original body parts and the ones I  have left failing. Guys with families
certainly have your priorities in your  family and that's cool, but what is nice
about a quality piece, and you are  seeing this on ebay all time, is that it is an
investment. My original amps  bring 75% of their retail value years later
when other companies can't get half.  Remember, the other companies who sold you
on the dream. If I couldn't do this  bringing something unique to the table
than all the other Bassman guys, I would  have walked away and was willing to do
so. But the emails kept coming, I am  looking for THAT tone, and the pieces
fit into place. How many of you guys have  I recommended the Kalamazoo for
under $200 rather than my amp of some other  thing. Now I cant find one for a
decent price:)  Bottom line is, no, not  everyone can afford a boutique amp, but
don't for one second think Scott and I  are getting rich off this. Spend a few
days and see what we do and you will  know. The guys that have been to my
house have an idea. If it works for you,  great, if you want something for life,
here we are. That's simply the tune. But  first. PRACTICE and have control of
the instrument so the amp is an extension of  you that you want to hear.