Re: [Harp-L] Re: Boutique amps

"Bret Littlehales" <blittlehales@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andy Vincent wrote:
> >
> > "First- the obvious disclaimer - tone and chops are from the player,
> > of course!
> Firstly, let me say in my defense that my tone and chops are just
> fine, thanks.
> I'm not trying to put anyone down here (so please don't put down my
> tone or chops, okay?), I'm mostly trying to figure out how who's using
> them and how they afford it. A question that you ably answered, Andy.
> I just wish you hadn't felt the need to imply that my tone or chops
> need work. They do, btw, but that's between me and me.

for what it's worth, i never read andy's disclaimer as a put down,
or even as having anything to do with you.  i thought it was just
the standard disclaimer that most everyone here uses when discussing
amplification.

as far as fancy amps, i've got a looong way to go before helping
people hear me is a good idea.  i currently make about negative
$500 a year playing at the local jam, and my oldest (of 3) kids is
about to head off to college, so it'll be quite some time before any
of this matters to me.  but's it always interesting to hear about
this stuff, and i file it away in the nether reaches of my brain for
future reference.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.