Re: [Harp-L] re: overblow PLUS Paparozzi "Chestnuts"

Hope everyone is well,

     I wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments about my version of
"The Christmas Song".
Yes, it's me playin' and my 'lick' ideas etc. but the version is  by
arranger Keith Foley. I played this on his Christmas record and he's allowed
me to share it.

    It's in the Original key of Eb played on a 270 Hard Bopper at the end it
'vamps' out so I used an Ab Golden Melody to riff out on.

    I'm no longer sending it out personally as Roger Trobridge from the UK
league has been so kind to put it up on their NHL website so here is the
link....and I've dedicated this to the late Doug Tate so don't forget to
think about Doug for a few moments as you listen,-)) Thanks again to Roger
and DO check the NHL mag 'online' it's one of THE best Mags we have out
there representing our instrument in a SERIOUS way!! Kudos to Roger and his
staff.
I write a regular article for it called 'Stateside'. Other great articles by
Brendan Power, Pat Missin and many more!

http://www.harmonica.co.uk/rob.htm

Hope you all enjoy the song and a VERY Happy Holiday Season to Harp-l!!!

PS..re: OB's, yes Richard is right, I've spent LOTS of time working on them
but never recorded using them nor use them on gigs. I just don't feel
comfortable and my attack is MUCH too hard for that technique. But I LOVE
hearing all the great players using them SO effectively and
creatively...bravo OB cats!!!! I learned volumes from attending and teaching
seminars with Howard Levy what a great Musician he IS.