Re: [Harp-L] howard levy's new directions for harmonica--now on DVD

Yes, I just recently received this as a gift.  It's really great.

There have been some posts in the recent past about "jazz on the diatonic",
and what the meaning of jazz is, etc.

Well, IMO if you listen to this DVD, you will hear jazz on the diatonic,
pure as it can get, sitting right in front of you.  No band to get in the
way, just Howard, or Howard and piano accompaniment.

Howard plays straight ahead bebop lines to a handful of jazz standards,
including Sweet Georgia Brown, Autumn Leaves and Blues changes - plus a
bunch of other stuff.

I was not that knowledgeable about overblows or what can be done with them,
but in this video, Howard explains and demonstrates them very well.

Good stuff!