Re: [Harp-L] looking for a good acoustic mic

fjm wrote:
Lately I've been missing having access to an acoustic sound while
playing live...I will go take another look at Richard Hunter's pro
pages...

Take a look at the page Tom Ball wrote for my site on playing
acoustically for more mic ideas:
http://hunterharp.com/tball2.html

The AT4050 you already own might in fact be a good solution for you --
couple that with an inexpensive ART MP or other preamp to supply the mic
with phantom power onstage, and see what you think. Thsi combination
works very well for me in the studio, and the AT4050 can handle high
sound pressure levels, so should work onstage.  If not the 4050,
consider another large-diaphragm condensor -- the KEL sells for less
than $100 new, and will certainly provide a roudner, fuller tone than an
SM545.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com