Subject: Re:[Harp-L] PB's Birthday/ A Little Levity

(I sent this the other day, but it got lost, so apologies beforehand  if it
shows up twice)

Blake Taylor writes in response to the Jazmaan:

"So just to keep tabs, we've got Bobbie, Paul, Lovely Long  Island
Elizabeth, Myself and DMF.....this is getting  scary....

>>> dmf273@xxxxxxxxx 12/08/05 5:27 PM  >>>
Add me to the list of harmonica players born on Dec 17th!   I'm honored
to be in the company of
Bobbie and Paul!"

...and I thank thee Blake, for the lovely compliment....and fie on all of
those who cite statistics <G> and even Garry, whose 9/15 birthday no doubt  was
an especially enjoyable one falling as it did during Jason's Terra Blues  show
... he even got to be wished a Happy Birthday from the stage by  Mr. Ricci
himself! Phooey  ..... we should be so  lucky!

 Those of us who have December birthdays, especially ones falling  close to
Christmas know how shortchanged most of us were our whole  lives.  And my older
sister's birthday was a week earlier, so  we'd get to share ONE gift between
us for both birthdays and  Christmas.  Since she was older, she'd even get to
do the  choosing.  Thought it'd get better as I got older?   Hah!  NOW,
despite years of promises of a "nice birthday dinner out" every  year....I'm usually
covered in flour and up to my elbows baking my (if I  say so myself) FABULOUS
cookies :-)  for everyone else on the 17th (not to  mention the cleaning and
decorating for the Holidays). I'm lucky to get a  Wendy's hamburger!  My best
friend made a point one year of having a  birthday cake for me when she
realized I'd never had one.

 So spare us you lot who get to enjoy your completely separate  birthday
celebrations.  We don't want to hear it.   WE'RE making  the most of what to us is
a remarkable coincidence....sharing OUR birthday  with the eminent Paul
Butterfield.  So there! na, na, na,  naa, na    <VBG>

Elizabeth