Re: [Harp-L] Harp Jam Mic Sharing?

 peacoatguy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

<Richard Hunter recommends the Labtec am22 computer mic. I got one new online for
<$7. It's actually pretty good.

It's a very good-sounding mic for cupped-hands work -- big smooth bottom end, attenuated highs.

However, be warned -- I'm discovering that the longevity of this mic is limited and somewhat unpredictable.  My first lasted a few years, my second a couple of months.  One good knock can wreck it.  If you end up liking it, buy spares, and make a habit of wrapping the ones you bring to the gig in something protective, like bubble wrap.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com