Re: [Harp-L] Harp Jam Mic Sharing?

I  totally agree with your evaluation of the  cupped sound, Richard. One thing, the case is light plastic and  magnifies unwanted sounds when you bump it or touch it. I was getting  ready to try wrapping it in gaffers tape when I dropped it on a  carpeted floor and it died.

  Thanks for the tip tho. At $7 I should have bought a half dozen of them.

Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   peacoatguy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

<$7. It's actually pretty good.

It's a very good-sounding mic for cupped-hands work -- big smooth bottom end, attenuated highs.

However,  be warned -- I'm discovering that the longevity of this mic is limited  and somewhat unpredictable. My first lasted a few years, my second a  couple of months. One good knock can wreck it. If you end up liking it,  buy spares, and make a habit of wrapping the ones you bring to the gig  in something protective, like bubble wrap.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com

 Yahoo! Personals