Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Vibrato and Howard Levy

Hey Chris,
I was hoping to draw your response, as I knew you were on this list.  I feel
a little better about my struggles in seeing how SHORT the list is...can you
comment on your opinion as to how much of the ability to learn this is
muscle memory/ practice and how much is innate ability that one either has
or doesn't have?  You know, my son has been able to do things like a belly
wave and a wave across his toes that my muscles just cant do!
Thanks! (and by all means, keep avenging us downtrodden folks.)
Zig

Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Tongue Vibrato and Howard Levy

dzeller@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Speaking of tongue vibrato,........Mastering this has got to take
incredible practice and perhaps even favorable genetics like the
ability to roll your tongue! I'm curious to hear from the group how
many have developed this skill, particularly on the higher notes. I
find that it's particularly hard for me to control these high note
vibratos via pure tongue vibrato so resort to incorporating more jaw
movement.
----

The folks that I am aware besides Howard Levy.

Rosco Selley
Joe Filisko
Carlos del Junco
The Avenger of the Downtroden
and
Larry Eisenberry (maybe leaning towards NO)

Chris Michalek
Avenger of the Downtrodden