[Harp-L] Long Slot D

According about what I have seen and heard while visiting the Seydel factory last Week End, I am pretty sure that the problem is a mater of balance between lenght of the reed and the repartition of the weight on the reed.

As far as I know, workers in Seydel are the only one to work like that and to still produce handmade harmonicas. Moreover these workers are in the factory sonce more than 20 years, so they have a great exeprience. I have never seen anybody having a so precise and so fast move on a harmonica job.

Actually, any Seydel/Weltmeister/Bushmann owner will notice that the reeds are shorter than any other harmonica that I know. Thought these harmonicas are among the strongest (in terms of durability of the responsiveness) that I know. But you might also notice that the repartition of the weight on the reed is sligthly different as well.

It seems that there is a kindda symbiosis between the weight the lenght and the pitch of the reed.

I am a heavily loud breather and I was used to KILL a set of Hohner Meisterklass after 2 gigs. Could'nt do anything them but send 'em to the bin.

Since I am using THunderbird, I just have to tune, sometimes, but the responsiveness is excellent, whatever the harmonica I play, D low Eb High G, they keep an excellent responsiveness for more than 3 weeks (something amazing for my kind of playing!!).

I mean, tuning is not a big deal. The most important, for a harmonica, I think, is to get a good and durable responsiveness.

Froggy

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !