[Harp-L] Re: Will Scarlett

There were other people who did independently come with the enabler reed principle, but long after Will did. Richard Sleigh came up with a version the details of which I do not know. Brendan Power came up with essentially the same idea as Will and got Suzuki to built a 3-
reed system into a proototype 10-hole harp that was only slightly larger than a standard diatonic. I have seen and played this instrument; it works quite nicely. When Brendan read about Rick's patent he and Suzuki dropped further work.

For what it's worth, I also tried Brendan's proto, and it's impressive. A lot more so than the XB-40. All those who tried it in St Aignan suggested that Brendan should resume work with Suzuki...

Ben