[Harp-L] relationship between Sonny & Brownie

This isn't a harp issue (I don't think) but...
What's the story on the personal relationship between Sonny & Brownie. I recently (15 years ago) heard that they hated each other.
I saw them live a number of times way back (1960's) and on stage, at least, I detected no animosity. On the contrary, It brought tears to my eyes when they would leave the stage singing and playing "WALK ON"  Brownie leading (with his bad limp) Sonny (blind, with his hand on Brownie's shoulder) they sure looked like "THE BEST OF FRIENDS". But maybe it was all show biz.
Hope some blues/harp historian can clear this up for me.
  Rich "Cal Sag" Olson