[Harp-L] Dissing of Popper

Richard Hunter posts:
Those on this list who make a point out of bashing Popper at every
opportunity >might take a moment to ask themselves whether they could put a convincing
solo together in 6th position on a moment's notice.
FreeMuncie@xxxxxxx posts a response:
Seriously.  He is a very talented player, and I do not understand why it is
fashionable to dis him.

I like a lot of things about JP. What is very distracting is that below hole 6 he can sometimes sound like a complete amateur. For me, it turns me off that he could sound so brilliant and then so lame. I think his anti-harp player/tradition comments also fan the flames of his dissing. For someone that is known for his harp playing, he sounds like he is content and not really advancing his craft. He is a rock star though and a fine singer.

Now if you want a complete rocking, lightning fast, gritty, soulful AND PRECISE player; I would suggest Jason Ricci. He avoids lameness as a harmonica player like the plague.

It's just my opinion, but I may be wrong ("DM"),
Michael Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025