Re: [Harp-L] Re: Virtuosity

--- "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Let me give you an example of a TRUE virtuoso by
> my definition:
>
> In the late 1940's and early 1950's Charlie
> Parker was universally recognized by his musical
> peers to be the greatest alto player alive.

Yeah, I think Parker even sorta scared his peers
because he was so good. Kinda like Glenn Gould in
the classical piano field in the 50s... People
thought "Omigodd... like, where is this music
coming from?" Plainly from beyond the beyond.

Is there anyone like that playing harp today? I
dunno... There are so many that scare the bejeezus
outta me... I'd give them my solo slot in a
heartbeat. :-)

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.