Re: [Harp-L] Re: Airport security and harps

So I left Ft, Myers airport without a problem and landed in Newark.
Upon my return from Newark, the following happened:

I was pulled out of the line and sent to the screening room where I had to take my clothes off.
The only case I was carrying was a converted tool case from Home Depot.
It wasn't very large and contained all the stuff I would need for my 3 days at Garden State Harmonica Festival.
I was wearing my sport jacket from the saturday night dinner on my body as there was no room in the case.
It started with me being asked for my ticket ad I.D. I produced a Florida drivers license.
I was told the search was "routine"
The case was unlocked and I told them at the counter that they could open it...no problem.
After being searched, I was left with a couple suspicions, which included (but were not limited to the following):

a... Were they searching me because the case was metal?
b...Were they searching me because they thought I was Cuban (and from the Miami area)?
c...Did they search me because I had a deep tan (and didn't look like a "Real" white guy)?
d...Did they think I was Italian (and originally from New York)?
e...Was it because I was well dressed?
f...Was it because I was early enough that it wouldn't cause any hold-ups?
g...Was it a female ticket agent trying to stick it to a male for some imagined retribution?
h...Did they (in true movie stereotype) think I was a hit man or bag man?
i...Was I "profiled"

Meeeeeanwhile, I found that I wasn't the only one this was done to. The ONLY 3 other people (out of HUNDREDS) were from Russia, Nigeria, and Colombia. When I went to board the plane, the check in agent called (loudly) to someone IN the boarding hallway that "Mr Leone is coming through". I was held up there as they checked my papers again (with everyone looking on inquisitively). I wasn't Quite as bothered then as I was exactly one year later when the very same thing happened again. Naturally Delta has lost my business.

If I go to the New York area again...I DRIVE it. Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face? probably, but It's the principal of the thing.

smokey-joe