[Harp-L] Re: Old newcomer and wooden diatonic covers

Hi Don,

you wrote:

<  And then if you can't remember how Tennessee Waltz starts,
< you can say "Oh, it begins like Quiet Evenings."  :-) >

Absolutely, you always must have an alternative. Oh, BTW, I´ve developed
other tricks to memorize songs besides similar beginnings.

It can also work for me in saying the title of the tune and I have the
melody.
Cole Porter´s "Night and Day" or Nat Kingcole`s "Unforgettable" are examples.

And as a chromaticist I have a further ace in sleeve. When you play a fast
chromatical run you have no time to decide when the slide has to be in or
out.
By the time I noticed with astonishment that the slide finger has something
like
an own memory, every piano player will confirm. "Bluesette" in Bb eg. starts
with an f, but I start with the blown enharmonic e# , my finger do know that.

 Then you asked for custom hardwood covers for diatonics and got already the
relevant information from Bobbie and Tim. I can offer an alternative, a brass
cover
in the shape of the CX 12 and with a tiny tension band. It lasts exactly 2
seconds
to take apart the instrument having no cover screws or any sharp edges.

However, I have to mention that I make CX brass covers as a hobby and don´t
maintain a mass production. One harp friend waits already for more than 1
year
for his ordered CX diatonic. (Hey,......., in case you read this, yeah, yeah,
you
will get your wanted baby).

CXfried