[Harp-L] Software for Learning the Harmonica

KEITH MITCHELL keithm@xxxxx
Sun Sep 8 10:52:46 EDT 2024

My SPAH 2024 seminar this year entitled Software for Mastering New Melodies  is available at:

https://www.keithmitchell.photography/blog-post/software-tools-for-the-beginning-harmonica-player

The first video on the page is the presentation followed the yellow button which links to the seminar handout.

The focus is how software applications such as “slow downers”  etc can be used to expedite our mastery of new content.  Both chromatic and diatonic examples are included.  The ideas are applicable for both blues and melody playing.

Because I think it would valuable to have a single “watering hole” for sharing resources and tutorials on this topic, I have created a Facebook Group  with a focus on sharing your experiences with the use of technology to support our learning at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2567339913475024

The days of rewinding a cassette tape to learn from recorded performances are gone. Lots of new software tools to help now.  I would love for others to jump in to this group sharing how you are using software to expedite your learning.

Keith  (host of the Gospel Harmonica Community)