[Harp-L] Bass Harmonica tips?

Jeremy Uejio jazzju@xxxxx
Tue Mar 19 14:56:54 EDT 2024

I don't know what came over me, but I bought a Easttop Bass Harmonica (the
cheaper one) on Amazon and it's actually pretty cool sounding... but after
a few minutes I feel dizzy from the deep breathing that's needed to play
those low notes. The bass is all blow notes and arranged sort of like a
piano with the white notes on the bottom row and the black notes on the top
row with gaps where there are no black notes.

With a little bit of tongue blocking (my limited amount that I can do), I
can block a hole and then play a two note chord such as blocking the D and
playing C and E, or blocking the G and playing F and A.. So, I can play C,
F, and G diads.. kind of cool as long as I don't pass out!

Any tips or anyone else play bass?

Thanks,
jeremy