[Harp-L] cleaning harmonicas

Loren Burkholder computersemiexpert@xxxxx
Sat Mar 16 16:45:03 EDT 2024

On Saturday, March 16, 2024 3:07:10 PM EDT Connie Estep via Harp-L wrote:
> I exclusively play Lee Oskar 10 hole harmonicas. I've been playing weekly with a group at a local senior center and usually have 6-10 harps to clean afterward. I have always used a warm water rinse (20 seconds) and then leave teeth down for an hour. Another gal in the group is learning to play and she found reference to vinegar and other methods. What do Harp-L people suggest?Connie Estep

You probably don't need to clean your harmonicas every week. I personally will just deep-clean my harps every once in a while (in fact, I'm probably overdue for a cleaning session). I generally follow the deep clean procedure from https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Harmonica. Just remember to never get wood combs wet!

Loren