[Harp-L] Harp-L Digest, Vol 247, Issue 1

Joshua Boden joshuadboden@xxxxx
Sat Mar 2 10:57:55 EST 2024

Amy,
Hi - I'm JoshuaDb, and I'm AuADHD, for those that don't know that means I'm both autistic and ADHD. I was diagnosed late in life - at the age of 47.
I'm a multi instrumentalist- was a pro bassist for many years, also play guitar, keys, have been a professional sound designer for theater and for film in Hollywood (not a brag- the industry is a nightmare full of toxic narcissists and I ran screaming lol).
Most of my life, I'm 53 now, I have been told I'm "too much", or bullied by ass hats who then went on to deflect their actions by accusing me of being "too sensitive" or that I couldn't take a joke (btw I was also an improv teaching artist for a while - meaning I taught folks how to be funny without a script- so much for autistics "not having a sense of humor"..
You keep doing your thing. Don't let these small minded jackasses deter you. Some thing I have learned over the years, bullies are cowards full of shame and self hatred. And they are not worth your energy.
I know that doesn't make it hurt any less, but I just wanted to remind you that there are people in the world to get it. Keep playing love what you love. To hell with the rest of them.
All the best,
JoshuaDb
@auadhd_man_out✌️♥️