[Harp-L] New harmonica album "Unconventional" is out

Mark Weber mailmweber@xxxxx
Sat Jul 27 03:44:14 EDT 2024

I just wanted to let you know that my album "Unconventional", original music for harmonica and strings, is out now and available on all major streaming platforms! 🎧✨
The album features a new five-movement tango composed in 2023 by my longtime friend, the talented pianist Robert Schmidt, who studied tango in Buenos Aires and has been internationally renowned since 1994. The work was exclusively written for harmonica, strings and piano.
Additionally, the album includes a three-movement composition by Jean Berger (composed in 1948), whose lost Concertino for Harmonica and chamber orchestra  I was able to re-discover while researching another work Berger wrote in 1941, the Caribbean Concerto (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGlgQZy2JM-) for harmonica and orchestra. Probably the first ever written original work for harmonica and orchestra.
It also includes the five-movement piece by Gordon Jacob, written specifically for the renowned harmonica virtuoso Tommy Reilly.

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/54Jg3pU1Z7239023OvsgbU?si=JMXWrudZSFqfc6cbwc3smg

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB2G8_LPbwE&list=OLAK5uy_lym5HcCpd-GN8Z3hm6LtoFx7g1BgY3sCM