[Harp-L] Boost pedal for harp?

Chad Nordstrom chad.nordstrom@xxxxx
Tue Jan 2 10:59:50 EST 2024

First thing to ask yourself is what is the use case for the boost? Figuring out what you are trying to change is the most important part.

Are you looking to do any of the following?
- Coloration or Tone Change (EQ)
- Distortion
- Compression
- Volume boost < should not be needed > turn up the amp, increase gain of preamp, or remove volume controls post amp
- Effect (Echoplex circuit)

Depending on what you want there are hundreds of pedals that do one or all of these. Ask other local players what they use and see if you can borrow it to see if it works for you. During the pandemic I borrowed just under 200 delay and reverb pedals to see which ones I liked the best (as well as to see which ones worked best with the amp or mic combo that I used).

Burnish Boost is a good example of a pedal (that whole family of pedals has been great) that is doing several of these. I have liked pedals like the Jackson Audio Prism which provides more options to adjust the settings for changes in amp, mic, venue, song, etc. It is a really nice to have that flexibility.