[Harp-L] Gear Shaming Other Harmonica Players

Amy Rister amyrister02@xxxxx
Sun Feb 4 19:27:55 EST 2024

I don't know if anybody else has ever experienced this, but I get gear
shamed every time I mention that I like a certain model of harmonica. I
often get gear shamed by the Classic Marine Band Player's Cult (I call them
that because they all play the original Marine Band, play exclusively
tongue blocked Chicago blues, have a cult-like mentality surrounding tuning
and comb material, and harass anybody that has a different opinion than
them) every time whenever I say that I like the Golden Melody. They always
tell me that the tuning on those harps suck, that I should be playing a
Marine Band instead, and not use my Golden Melodies at all (which I had
mentioned in the past). These people are the reason why I hate the Marine
Band so much is because other than being terrible to maintain, the members
of its fanbase are almost entirely made up of people who drag other people
down. I even got bullied because I owned two good playing Chinese
harmonicas, the Kongsheng Bluebird and the Golden Bird Parrott Tuning
harmonica (which I received as a gift from my friend/teacher, Todd
Parrott), and said they are "useless for expression". I don't know why
"harmonica players" on Facebook are so up their own ass when they criticise
my choice of harps, when I never did the same thing to them.

Sincerely,
Amy Rister