[Harp-L] John Potts Estate Harmonicas

Tom Halchak info@xxxxx
Fri Oct 27 09:44:08 EDT 2023

Last year the harmonica community lost a good one.  My John Potts of
Toledo, OH passed.  Many of you will remember John from these pages on
harp-l, or as he was known on Modern blues Harmonica – hvyj.  John was not
a famous musician but was an active participant in conversations,
discussions and friendly debates on a wide range of subjects.  John was an
attorney by profession and a lifelong bachelor.  That is a dangerous
combination for someone who, like many of us (OK – MOST of us) have G.A.S.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  I did a lot of business with John over the
years, and he also patronized a number of other harmonica merchants.  I
have been working with the estate to help find new homes for John’s
collection of harmonicas.  John had quite an imagination.  He liked to
experiment with alternate tunings and different reed plates and chassis.
 There are some interesting sets of harps including sets of harmonicas that
were customized by Joe Spiers, Mike Fugazzi and me.  Some of these sets are
hybrid harmonicas. Golden Melodys with Manji reed plates.  Golden Melodys
with Seydel 1847 reed plates.  I won’t bog down this thread with a long
list of descriptions.  You can find complete information posted on my
website if you are interested.  Here is a short list to get you started.

·         Suzuki Fire Breath – Complete set of 15 harps

·         Fugazzi Golden Melodys – Complete set of 13 harps built by Mike
Fugazzi

·         Golden Melody – 1847 Hybrid Harps – Nine Custom Harps built by me.

·         Spiers Golden Melody-Manji Hybrids – Thirteen custom harps built
by Joe Spiers in 2012

·         Golden Melody – Suzuki ProMaster Hybrids – Four Custom Harmonicas
built by me

·         Golden Melodys For Parts Only – Ten vintage Golden Melodys for
parts

·         Lee Oskars – Complete set, 15 harps in all of stock Lee Oskars

·         Suzuki Olives – Mad Cat Tuning – Nine Custom Olives built by me

I am going to keep these items listed on my website for a couple of weeks.
Anything that does not sell by then is going to be posted on eBay and sold
to the highest bidder.

To access complete information including detailed descriptions, photos and
pricing, just visit my website and search for John Potts.

Tom Halchak

www.BlueMoonHarmonicas.com