[Harp-L] Introduction Post

Amy Rister amyrister02@xxxxx
Fri Oct 20 15:32:05 EDT 2023

Hi, everybody. My name is Amy. I've been playing harmonica for almost five
years now. I started playing the harmonica because I heard a song on a
country radio station with Terry McMillan blowing harp. There was just
something about his playing that caught my attention to him. He played that
harp with so much soul that it sounded like it was crying. That was when I
knew I wanted to be a harmonica player.
I started on Hohner Special 20s, but eventually I found about the Hohner
Golden Melody and that became my favorite harmonica model for a long
time…that is until Hohner discontinued it and replaced it with something
different. Now I'm on the search to find my replacement. I just bought a
Suzuki Bluesmaster in Bb and I love it. The tone is not as brassy as my
GMs, but it has a really beautiful tone.
I like to play country and gospel music. On Youtube and Tiktok, I have a
decently sized fanbase. On Facebook, some people treat me as if I'm a
little kid that just picked up the instrument or think that I should be
doing certain things all the time to be considered a "real" harmonica
player. However, I hope y'all can be nice to me.

Sincerely,
Amy Rister