[Harp-L] Civil War Harmonicas (Richard Sleigh)

Herbert Quelle herbieqkeys@xxxxx
Tue Oct 17 09:18:03 EDT 2023

Despite several movies depicting harp-playing in American civil war scenes, there is to my knowledge - based on info from the Deutsches Harmonikamuseum (Martin Häffner) - no historical photo evidence of a harp in the first half of the 1860‘s in the U.S. Yet, harps will most certainly have been there from the 1850‘s on or even earlier, due to the large immigration waves from German lands since 1848. They were private property. Imports on a large scale did not begin until the 1880‘s. More information in my book https://amzn.eu/d/bexktif
Herbert Quelle
Harpambassador.com