[Harp-L] Re Comments on CX12 Jazz

Steve Baker booking@xxxxx
Sun Nov 26 08:25:10 EST 2023

Walter wrote:
Frankly I believe it's an insult to all harp musicians, professional and non-professional.

Steve replies:
What’s insulting about introducing a modification to a great design which in my opinion brings a considerably improvement in playing comfort? As I believe I mentioned at the start of this thread, the Jazz mouthpiece is much closer to the original design, I was glad to see it.

As you might expect, Hohner has looked at the viability of a CX16 on various occasions over the past 30 years, it would certainy be a cool instrument. Unfortunately the development costs would be very high, as all parts would need to be designed and built specifically for that model, and the tooling would be expensive.  So up to now, they haven’t pursued the idea further. I will enquire whether there are currently any plans in this direction.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.harmonica-masters.de