[Harp-L] New tuning #1

Jeremy Uejio jazzju@xxxxx
Mon May 1 12:40:22 EDT 2023

Have you ever tried fourkey tuning?  It takes getting used to and doesn't
have a lot of common chords.  They come in different keys as well.  I have
one which is tuned:

Blow:
G-Bb-C-Eb-F-G-Bb-C-Eb-F
Draw:
A-B-D-E-F#-A-B-D-E-F#

This means that you can play every note in the chromatic scale with just
two bends (Ab and Db). It also means that you can play in 4 keys without
any bends.  So, in my case, I have the keys of C, F, G, and Bb.   It has
just under a 2 octave range so it's quite limited, but it turns out that it
roughly is in the same range as my voice (except for the high F and F#), so
if I can sing a song, then I can play it.  Haha!

I started combining my fourkey tuned harp with a circular tuned harp (in C)
so that I can play some common chords and that works out pretty well.

I would be happy to discuss or demo fourkey tunings with you offline.

jeremy