[Harp-L] Fwd: Seydel low F

Steve Shaw moorcot@xxxxx
Wed Mar 1 13:38:19 EST 2023

 Don't be too hasty in criticising Ron's playing, Bob. When Session Steels first came out a number of years ago, I bought two low Ds. Neither of them survived a single pub session. A friend who also invested in two at my behest had exactly the same experience.  My SP20s, which I used more than any other harp at that time, would easily last me a year before a reed went south, and I found (and still find) that the Suzuki harps with braised-on reeds and Lee Oskars to be bombproof. I'm a gentle sort of chap whose harps last me well. One would hope that things have improved by now...

Cheers

Steve Shaw