[Harp-L] Gig opportunity at SPAH

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Thu Jun 1 04:37:45 EDT 2023

Are you a professional harmonica player? Are you planning on attending
the SPAH convention in St Louis in August?

If so I may have an opportunity for you to subsidize your trip with a
short, paying gig on Friday morning and maybe at the Wed night Electric
Blues Jam.

The organizers have graciously given me a slot for a seminar on my
electric harmonica, the Harmonicaster, and I may need someone to
demonstrate my little gizmo. Like Leo Fender and Laurens Hammond, I'm
better at inventing things than playing the things that I invent. I have
someone producing some demo videos but he may not be available due to
literally a previous engagement. He's getting married soon and he's not
sure he'll be able to attend the convention.

I'd prefer a regular gigging player who's comfortable playing blues,
rock, and country, and if you can also play jazzier stuff like Lee Oskar
or Howard Levy, that'd be great. You don't have to be able to do
overblows but it would be nice. You should be comfortable playing loud
music.

The seminar is scheduled for 90 minutes and you'll probably be playing
for half of that time or less, first helping me demonstrating basic
technical features of both models (Standard with passive electronics and
Artist with an onboard preamp with active EQ and sustain control), then
jamming showing the possibilities of the instrument, including with a
variety of pedals. That should leave plenty of time for me to talk about
the Harmonicaster's history and development along with a Q&A period.

There's  also a blues jam on Wed night and I'd also pay your for your
time to play the Harmonicaster there.

I'll be providing the equipment, including an amp and whatever pedals we
need.

If you're interested, off list please send me your musical resume to
this email address, links to video/audio samples of your playing, and
what you'd like to get paid.

Thank you,

Ronnie Schreiber
The Electric Harmonica Company