[Harp-L] Arkia harmonicas review

captron100@xxxxx captron100@xxxxx
Tue Feb 28 14:10:49 EST 2023

Where have I been? For many years I've been reading Harp-L in digest form and yesterday was the first time that I've ever seen this brand of harps mentioned. Apparently pronounced with accent on the first syllable, they are made in France and cost c. $105 US dollars. Some people are commenting that this is expensive. $105 sounds incredibly cheap to me (if they perform as advertised) compared to the cost of various customized harps I've owned, and esp. cheap compared to the amount of time & effort needed to tweak a harp that even nearly approaches the fine work of some of my favorite harps customizers. Here's a review on U Tube that I just came up with - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ9CDhmg0uE. Tip: to save time, I often increase the video's speed thru the U Tube settings.Ron - probably the southernmost Harp-l'er (29 miles from Key West, FL, USA)