[Harp-L] New Golden Melody

Tim Moyer wmharps@xxxxx
Sun Feb 26 13:30:18 EST 2023

 I respectfully disagree with the statement:"The only way to ensure that harmonicas overbend reliably out of the box would be to adjust the reed offsets" There are several production harmonicas that overbend reliably out of the box: like the Suzuki Manji  I don't know that the Manji is not hand-adjusted in the factory for overbends but the cost is not that much hiher than the new Golden Melody. It's possible that labor costs for the Manji are appreciably lower than for the GM allowing for more hand-tweaking. Steve probably knows more about this than me. I agree the old GM had issues with airtightness and that the new one addresses many of those issues with its new design. I like it but if I didn't have a high quality working customized gig set I would probably  invest the money to acquire a tweaked set
-tim